Alpha Gal Allergy News
As alpha-gal awareness continues to grow across the country and around the world, there is increasing coverage of it in the press. Here is the latest news on alpha gal allergy.
In This Article
Alpha-Gal News in the US, Nationwide Coverage
- August 24, 2023. CDC Warns of Emerging Tick Bite-Associated Meat Allergy. Quality Assurance & Food Safety Magazine.
- August 23, 2023. Know the Symptoms of Alpha-Gal Syndrome, as Red Meat Allergy from Ticks is on the Rise. TODAY.
- August 22, 2023. Covid Vaccines to Not Cause Meat Allergy, Experts Say. AFP Fact Check.
- August 21, 2023. Animal-Derived Ingredients in Medicines Can Cause Danger to Human Health. USA Today.
- August 17, 2023. Did You Know That Tick Bites Can Cause Meat Allergy? NEJM Journal Watch.
- August 11, 2023. Number of AGS Cases Difficult to Pinpoint, CDC Claims. Two Worlds. Dos Mundos.
- August 8, 2023. Tick-Born Meat Allergy Remains Unfamiliar within Medical Community. Meat + Poultry.
- August 7, 2023. Red Meat Allergy Caused by Tick Bite is Spreading — and Nearly Half of Doctors Don’t Know About It. Scientific American.
- August 4, 2023. This Tick Bite Could Make You Allergic to Red Meat — And It’s Spreading. National Geographic.
- August 4, 2023. Report Warns Health Care Providers of Rare Emerging Tick Bite-Associated Meat Allergy, Alpha-Gal Syndrome. The American Journal of Managed Care.
- August 4, 2023. Meat Allergies Associated with Tick Bites are Increasing. Food Poisoning Bulletin.
- August 3, 2023. Tick-Related Meat Allergies are on the Rise — Yet Most Doctors Don’t Recognize the Symptoms. Salon.
- August 1, 2023. Vegetarian Warfare? Ticks and the Alpha-Gal Syndrome. American Council on Science and Health.
- July 31, 2023. The CDC Says Millions of American Might be Living with an Allergy to Meat. NPR.
- July 31, 2023. Tick-Related Meat Allergy Has Substantially Risen in the US, Study Shows. Axios.
- July 31, 2023. More Than 110,000 Suspected Tick-Bite-Associated AGS Cases in US. Infectious Disease Special Edition.
- July 30, 2023. Why More Americans are Becoming Allergic to Red Meat. Katie Couric Media.
- July 29, 2023. Mysterious Meat Allergy Passed by Ticks May Affect Hundreds of Thousands in US, CDC Estimates. CNN Health.
- July 28, 2023. Tick-Borne Alpha-Gal Syndrome Might Be More Widespread than We Realized. Outdoor Life.
- July 28, 2023. Alpha-Gal Syndrome: Meat Allergy Linked to Tick Bites Rising, CDC Says. BBC.
- July 28, 2023. Almost Half of US Health Providers Unaware of Alpha-Gal Allergy. Allergic Living.
- July 27, 2023. A Half-Million Americans May Have Tick-Linked Meat Allergy, CDC Says. The New York Times.
- July 27, 2023. Doctors Often Miss Symptoms of Meat Allergy Linked to Lone Star Ticks, CDC Finds. NBC News.
- July 27, 2023. Red Meat Allergy Caused by Ticks is an “Emerging Public Health Concern”: CDC. ABC News.
Alpha-Gal Coverage in the Midwest
- August 25, 2023. Alpha-Gal Syndrome — Another Tickborne Illness to Look Out For. La Crosse Tribune.
- August 23, 2023. Talking Ticks: Alpha-Gal Syndrome. Pine County News.
- August 14, 2023. Sanford Health Laboratories Able to Test for Alpha-Gal Syndrome. Dakota News Now.
- August 9, 2023. Talking Points: A Tick That Can Take a Major Bite Out of Your Diet. CBS News Minnesota.
- August 9, 2023. A Bite from This Tick Can Make You Allergic to Red Meat — and Cases are Up in MO and KS. The Kansas City Star.
- August 8, 2023. Alpha-Gal Syndrome on the Rise in Wisconsin. WAOW
- August 3, 2023. Red Meat Allergy Hits Minnesota Woman After Tick Bite. Fox 9 KMSP.
- August 2, 2023. Tick-Related Condition Causing Beef Allergy. KSTP-TV.
- August 2, 2023. Minnesotan Bitten by Tick Causing Red Meat Allergy Still Suffers Nearly 8-Years Later. WDIO.
- August 1, 2023. Mysterious Meat Allergy Baffling Doctors, Says CDC. Michigan Farm News.
- July 31, 2023. Tick Bite-Induced Allergy Cases on Rise in Tri-State. 14 News.
Alpha-Gal Coverage in the Northeast
- August 25, 2023. Patients with Meat Allergy Linked to Tick Bite Want Cases Tracked in Maine. News Center Maine.
- August 24, 2023. Health Talk: Alpha-Gal Syndrome. CBS News Pittsburgh.
- August 24, 2023. Rare Tick-Borne Illness on the Rise, NJ County Warns. NJ.com.
- August 24, 2023. Local Woman Develops Meat Allergy After Tick Bite. Jersey Shore Online.
- August 22, 2023. Ticks Found in New York Can Make You Allergic to Red Meat. Power 93.7 WBLK.
- August 21, 2023. Alpha-Gal Syndrome: LI County a Hot Spot for Tick-Borne Meat Allergy. New York Post.
- August 17, 2023. Living in a Bubble: Woman Battles Severe Allergy to Meat and Dairy Caused by Lone Star Tick Bite. CBS 6 Albany.
- August 15, 2023. Tick-Borne Disease Resource Center Opens on Long Island. Fox 5 New York.
- August 14, 2023. Northeast’s First Dedicated Tick Clinic Opens on Long Island. CBS New York.
- August 12, 2023. Tick Causing Red Meat Allergy May Come to Cortland. Cortland Standard.
- August 4, 2023. Stony Brook Southampton Hospital Opens Tick Clinic. Long Island Business News.
- August 4, 2023. Doctors Warn About Red Meat Allergy Caused by Some Tick Bites. WNEP.
- August 4, 2023. Dangerous Tickborne Illnesses on the Rise in Lehigh Valley. WFMZ-TV.
- August 3, 2023. Woman Shares Story About Becoming Allergic to Red Meat After Tick Bite. KDKA CBS News.
- July 31, 2023. Doctors See Increase in Food Allergy Caused by Lone Star Tick Bite. News 12 New Jersey.
- July 28, 2023. CDC: Tick-Borne Illness Alpha-Gal Syndrome May be Causing More Meat Allergies than Previously Thought. CBS New York.
Alpha-Gal Coverage in the South
- August 25, 2023. Alpha-Gal Syndrome on the Rise in Virginia. ABC 13 News.
- August 25, 2023. Doctors Warn Undiagnosed Meat Allergies Could Have Started with a Tick Bite. WCNC Charlotte.
- August 24, 2023. Graniteville Family Speaks Out About Alpha-Gal Diagnosis to Help Save Lives. WRDW.
- August 23, 2023. County Ranks 4th in Tick-Borne Illness Incidence. Stone County Leader.
- August 21, 2023. Alpha-Gal Syndrome — Tick Borne Food Allergy Infesting Orange County. The Local Reporter.
- August 15, 2023. Tick Disease Becoming More Common. Houston Herald.
- August 12, 2023. Commentary: Enjoy the Outdoors but be Mindful of Ticks. The Roanoke Times.
- August 11, 2023. Red-Meat Allergy Spread by Chiggers and Ticks: Awareness Could Save a Life. Georgia Outdoor News.
- August 7, 2023. Syndrome Causing Certain Meat-Product Allergies on the Rise, Relatively High Case Numbers Identified in Parts of Oklahoma. Fox 25.
- August 3, 2023. A Tick to Blame for the Alpha-Gal, Meat Allergy. Winston-Salem Journal.
- August 3, 2023. Health Officials Report Increase in Meat Allergies from Tick Bites. NBC 12.
- July 31, 2023. Kentucky is a Hot Spot for Alpha-Gal Syndrome, a Red Meat Allergy. Hoptown Chronicle.
- July 31, 2023. Doctors See Increase in Food Allergy Caused by Lone Star Tick Bite. Victoria Advocate.
Alpha-Gal News in Australia
Down Under, alpha-gal syndrome is referred to as mammalian meat allergy (MMA).
- August 24, 2023. Ticks are Thriving After Three Wet Summers and That Could Lead to More Meat Allergy Cases. ABC News.
- August 18, 2023. Could That Upset Stomach Actually be a Meat Allergy? Body + Soul.
- August 6, 2023. Tick Bites Can Bring on a Potentially Deadly Meat Allergy. Here’s How to Protect Yourself. SBS News.
Alpha-Gal News in Canada
- August 2, 2023. As Meat Allergies from Tick Bites Become More Common in the US, Here’s What We Know About Cases in Canada. KTVZ Channel 21 News.
- August 1, 2023. Tick Bites are Causing a Horrible Life-Threatening Meat Allergy. Yahoo! Canada.
- July 28, 2023. A Red Meat Allergy Caused by Ticks is Rising in the US. Canada’s National Health Agency Says It’s Rare Here. CBC.
Alpha-Gal News in the United Kingdom
- August 22, 2023. Ticks are Becoming a Growing Health Risk in the UK. Here’s Why. MedicalXpress.
- August 14, 2023. Man in Britain Faces Life-Threatening Allergy to Red Meat After Tick Bites. The Straits Times.
- August 5, 2023. Tick Bite Leaves Dog Walker Unable to Leave His Home. The Independent.
Other News Articles About Alpha-Gal Syndrome
Do you know of another news article about alpha-gal that’s not listed here? Drop me an email at email@example.com and let me know!